- To sponsor girls of ability through secondary school where, without financial assistance, they would be unable or unlikely to continue.
- To give them a sense of their own value and worth.
- To enable them to act as ambassadors for female education within their own communities.
The objects of the Fund are to advance education and in furtherance of these objects the Trustees may:
- Sponsor the secondary education of capable Commonwealth girls in their own country subject to annual assessment. The money granted may be used towards the costs of school and examination fees and where applicable, transportation, school meals, uniform, books and other incidental expenses.
- Pay for the special training in their own country of capable Commonwealth girls of secondary school age with physical disabilities.
- Administer special funds for tertiary education.