Effective from 1st February 2015
The role of Administrative Secretary (AS) for the Commonwealth Countries League Education Fund (CCLEF) is to administer the Charity’s work to enable the effective sponsorship of girls in secondary education schools in Commonwealth countries.
The AS is employed by the CCLEF and reports to the Chairman of the board of the Charity's Trustees.
The AS is responsible to the Trustees for the work of the Charity in accodance with the direction given by the board.
The AS is required to work from home with a degreee of agreed flexibility on specific hours within the core requirement of 28 hours per week.
- Administer an annual bursary Fund for approximately 500 girls in Commonwealth countries according to agreed criteria and systems
- Communicate with pupils, school heads and administrators, Trustees and volunteers and supporters throughout the Commonwealth
- Maintain and develop an existing network of Commonwealth schools with a view to identifying potential beneficiaries and follow their progress
- Maintain accurate and up to date records of sponsored girls and grants
- Provide summaries and reports to the board regularly and as required by them for monitoring and evaluation purposes
- Organise meetings, prepare agendas and minutes, circulate minutes and follow through action items
- Undertake secretarial duties as required (e.g. compile guest lists for events)
- Prepare text/ content for the charity’s website as and when required
- Coordinate and maintain the CCLEF’s social media and online content
- Maintain and develop the existing archive of girls
- Compile content for and prepare the charity’s Annual Report
Public Relations, Communications and Workspace
- Produce written material about the Fund and case studies including articles for the charity’s Annual Report and newsletters, online and social media, and other publications as required or authorised by the Chairman and Trustees for the Charity.
- Some travel in the UK may be required, mainly but not exclusively to CCLEF meetings in Central London.
- Good broadband and telecoms connections will be required for home working.
- A dedicated work space at home for a desk and where confidential files can be stored in a bookcase or cabinet will also be needed.
Feedback and Performance
The AS will meet with the Chairman and one other Trustee at least twice a year at 6 monthly intervals in order to meet for a performance review to give and receive feedback to and from the Trustees on the performance of the AS against this job description and give the AS the opportunity to discuss training, development and other needs to effectively fulfil the requirements of the job.
This is a part time (28 hours per week) home based position. CCLEF therefore expects the actual salary to be up to £24000 p.a. (depending on relevant skills and experience) with 22 days annual holiday. Once in post, all reasonable expenses will be paid by CCLEF, including telecoms and travel subject to approval.
Specific skills training will be provided as agreed at performance reviews, or on appointment if required and approved by the appointing trustees.
The job description and limits of authority shown here are indicative but not necessarily exhaustive.